By Simon Mercer (auth.), Mehmet M. Dalkilic, Sun Kim, Jiong Yang (eds.)
This quantity comprises the papers awarded on the inaugural workshop on facts Mining and Bioinformatics on the thirty second foreign convention on Very huge info Bases (VLDB). the aim of this workshop was once to start bringing - gether researchersfrom database, information mining, and bioinformatics components to assist leverage respective successes in each one to the others. We additionally desire to reveal the richness, complexity, and demanding situations during this sector that comprises mining very huge advanced organic information that may merely develop in dimension and complexity as geno- scale high-throughput concepts turn into extra regimen. the issues are s- ?ciently di?erent adequate from conventional facts mining difficulties (outside of lifestyles sciences) that novel techniques has to be taken to info mine during this region. The workshop used to be held in Seoul, Korea, on September eleven, 2006. We bought 30 submissions in accordance with the decision for papers. every one subm- sion was once assigned to at the least 3 individuals of this system Committee. this system Committee mentioned the submission electronically, judging them on their significance, originality, readability, relevance, and appropriateness to the - pected viewers. this system Committee chosen 15 papers for presentation. those papers arein the areasof microarraydata research, bioinformaticssystem and textual content retrieval, program of gene expression information, and series research. end result of the structure of the workshop and the excessive variety of submissions, many solid papers couldn't be included.
Read or Download Data Mining and Bioinformatics: First International Workshop, VDMB 2006, Seoul, Korea, September 11, 2006, Revised Selected Papers PDF
Similar international conferences and symposiums books
This publication constitutes the refereed court cases of the ninth Ibero-American convention on man made Intelligence, IBERAMIA 2004, held in Puebla, Mexico in November 2004. The ninety seven revised complete papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 304 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on allotted AI and multi-agent platforms, wisdom engineering and case-based reasoning, making plans and scheduling, laptop studying and data acquisition, average language processing, wisdom illustration and reasoning, wisdom discovery and knowledge mining, robotics, desktop imaginative and prescient, uncertainty and fuzzy structures, genetic algorithms and neural networks, AI in schooling, and miscellaneous subject matters.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the 1st overseas convention on Integration of AI and OR recommendations in Constraint Programming for Combinatorial Optimization difficulties, CPAIOR 2004, held in great, France in April 2004. The 23 revised complete papers and seven revised brief papers offered including an invited speak have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from fifty six submissions.
This ebook constitutes the refereed post-conference complaints of the second one overseas Algorithmic quantity thought Symposium, ANTS-II, held in Talence, France in could 1996. The 35 revised complete papers incorporated within the publication have been chosen from quite a few submissions. They disguise a extensive spectrum of themes and document state of the art examine leads to computational quantity idea and complexity concept.
We welcome you to the sixth foreign convention on E-Commerce and net know-how (EC-Web 2005) held in Copenhagen, Denmark. It used to be held at the side of DEXA 2005. This convention was once geared up for the 1st time in Greenwich, united kingdom, in 2000, and it's been in a position to allure more and more members and curiosity, reflecting the development made within the box.
- Society for General Microbiology. Symposium 60th. New challenges to health: the threat of virus infection
- 2007 2nd International Workshop on Advances in Sensors and Interface
- Image Analysis and Recognition: Second International Conference, ICIAR 2005, Toronto, Canada, September 28-30, 2005. Proceedings
- Database and Expert Systems Applications: 10th International Conference, DEXA’99 Florence, Italy, August 30 – September 3, 1999 Proceedings
Additional info for Data Mining and Bioinformatics: First International Workshop, VDMB 2006, Seoul, Korea, September 11, 2006, Revised Selected Papers
2. The Gene Ontology Consortium. Creating the gene ontology resource: design and implementation. Genome Research, 11(8):1425-1433, 2001. 3. J. J. A. Winzeler,L. Steinmetz, A. Conway, L. G. E. Gabrielian, D. J. W. Davis. A genome-wide transcriptional analysis of the mitotic cell cycle. Molecular Cell, 2:5-73, 1998. 4. S. Chung, J. Jun, and D. McLeod. Mining gene expression datasets using densitybased clustering. In Proceedings of ACM CIKM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 2004.
4. S. Chung, J. Jun, and D. McLeod. Mining gene expression datasets using densitybased clustering. In Proceedings of ACM CIKM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, 2004. 5. O. E. G. Stork. ). Wiley, New York, 2001. 6. A. Gasch, and M. Eisen. Exploring the conditional coregulation of yeast gene expression through fuzzy k-means clustering. Genome Biology, 3(11):1-22, 2002. 7. R. Golub et al. Molecular classiﬁcation of cancer: class discovery and class prediction by gene expression monitoring.
While these methods on their own are not novel, we combine them to improve the statistical reliability of decision trees for microarray data. This paper is organized as follows. 5. Section 3 gives a list of related work in decision trees and microarray classification. Our method is detailed in Section 4, followed by experimental results with both artificial and real data in Section 5. Finally, Section 6 closes this paper by summarizing our method. 2 Background A data set D consists of m examples with n attributes (or features) each.
Data Mining and Bioinformatics: First International Workshop, VDMB 2006, Seoul, Korea, September 11, 2006, Revised Selected Papers by Simon Mercer (auth.), Mehmet M. Dalkilic, Sun Kim, Jiong Yang (eds.)